Monday 4 May 2015

Broken Lens by Shannon Dermott (Release Day Blitz)


Title: Broken Lens
Author: Shannon Dermott
Genre: NA Contemporary Romance
Hosted by: Lady Amber's Tours



Blurb:


Although this book is the second in the series, it’s been written to be read as a New Adult Stand Alone novel. You do not have to read book one, which is a young adult novel, to enjoy.
No one said love is ever easy. And for Jess, he would ride his Harley to heaven and back for an eternity with her arms wrapped around him. That makes leaving her that late summer day to head to separate colleges the hardest thing he has to do. Still, he thinks that they could beat the odds and prove everyone wrong, until one drunken night and one sober confession.

Through the jagged edges of a broken lens, he’s faced with the reality of his choices. And fixing the pieces of Jess’s broken heart may be impossible. Without her, he’s left with only a mother who hates him and marks him as a dead man walking. And that’s not the only truth that has the potential to destroy his life.

The upcoming trial will reveal the defendant’s motivations for the crimes committed against the people he cares about. But that guy’s not the only one who’s guilty of something. With a cloud of mistrust hovering around him, can he keep Jess safe from his past? Can she or anyone forgive him for his secrets? Will he win back the one girl he’s ever loved or will he lose her forever?


*WARNING* This book is rated a New Adult book, which means it can contain foul language and sexual situations. Please be warned in advance.


Shannon’s first love is reading, diving into other realities to explore and brave new worlds. To share her writing is the best experience of all. She writes books about teen romance whether paranormal or contemporary. She also has a steamy adult series. When Shannon isn't writing she loves to shop and watch horror movies that make turning out the lights seem like a stupid idea. You can explore more about her at her website www.shannondermott.com, on facebook, goodreads and twitter.



Buy Links:


After the second beer and a dose of pain meds, I finally passed out. I dreamed of better times. A carefree Jess when I’d realized I’d fallen completely for her. Then she’d looked at me like I was worth something more than the image of my face or the size of my bank account.

The warmth of the sunlight, like Jess’s fingertips on my skin, jolted me awake. My hand went to the back of my neck where the sofa created kinks I couldn’t get out. I stood still unsteady and found Jess asleep on my bed. Thoughts of kissing my way up her from her leg to her beautiful mouth invaded my mind. I made a hasty retreat to my bathroom...

I shucked my clothes, causing them to slap against the tile floor. I turned on the shower and stepped in, even though, the water was as cold as ice. Hopefully, it would alleviate my heated desire for the girl on my bed who had me hard as my thick skull.

Soapy, head to toe, I fisted my need in my hand as I rested my head on the tiles. Water cascaded down my back and did nothing to cool my heated skin. I almost didn’t hear the door to the shower stall open. As the water began to warm at my back, a soft hand landed on my hip. I jumped and turned around.

Jess stood with willing Puritan eyes. If only she knew of the monster that was so close to the surface, she would most likely run like hell.

“Jessica, you need to leave now.”

Her hand reached up and touched my shoulder. “I don’t want to leave.”

“You have no idea what you’re asking for. Please leave, or I swear I’m going to have you like I’ve wanted since the first day I saw you.”

I gave her my back and rinsed the soap out of my hair. Her finger grazed around from my hip down the definition of muscle that led to my pulsing need.

Roughly, I said once more. “Jessica, please go.”












No comments:

Post a Comment